CFTC to Propose Definitions of “Swap Dealer” and “Major Swap Participant” on Dec 1
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, or CFTC, will hold a public meeting on Wednesday, December 1, 2010, to consider the issuance of proposed rulemakings under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act on the following topics:
- Further definition of “swap dealer,” “security-based swap dealer,” “major swap participant” and “eligible contract participant.
- Core principles and other requirements for designated contract markets;
- General regulations for derivatives clearing organizations;
- Information management requirements for derivatives clearing organizations; and
- Reporting, recordkeeping and daily trading records requirements for swap dealers and major swap participants.
Check dodd-frank.com frequently for updates on the Dodd-Frank Act and other important securities law matters.
Contact Steve Quinlivan for more information.