SEC Seeks Crypto Specialist
The SEC’s Division of Trading and Markets is seeking a Crypto Specialist to coordinate activities regarding crypto and digital asset securities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with TM staff to establish a comprehensive plan to address crypto and digital asset securities and engaging with other Divisions and Offices on such matters
- Serving as the TM’s point of contact for domestic and international regulators, market participants, and the public.
- Providing expert level comment on policy and workstreams.
- Developing and maintaining expert-level industry knowledge of crypto and digital asset securities and products, as well as legal and policy developments occurring in domestic and foreign jurisdictions;
- Applying knowledge of federal securities laws to digital asset securities and crypto matters, i.e., broker-dealer, exchange, clearing agency and transfer registrations, exchange product applications, sales and trading practices, etc.
- Conducting periodic meetings with Division and agency staff to foster collaboration, open communications and a common understanding of key issues, and relevant industry, legal and policy developments;
- Serving as the Division’s lead representative in the SEC’s FinTech Working Group and as liaison with the FSOC’s Digital Assets Working Group;
- Interacting with relevant Division staff, brief Chairman’s Office and Commissioner offices about salient developments, and represent the Division and agency at conferences and meetings with industry and public stakeholders.
Contact Steve Quinlivan for more information.