FTC to Require Electronic HSR Filings due to Coronavirus
The FTC recently released the following information. Due to the developing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, and consistent with guidance from the Office of Personnel Management, the Premerger Notification Office (PNO) will implement a temporary e-filing system. During this emergency, all filings must be submitted via this system, and all hard copy and DVD submissions will be suspended. Key facts are as follows:
- The PNO will be open to accept hard copy and DVD Hart-Scott-Rodino filings until Friday March 13, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- The PNO will not accept any filings on Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Beginning at 8:30 am on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the PNO will accept HSR filings only via the temporary e-filing system.
- The system will involve uploading documents to a secure Accellion file-transfer platform using the same file formats as specified for DVD filings on the Style Sheet for Hart-Scott-Rodino Filings.
- While this temporary system is in place, early termination will not be granted for any filing.
- The Department of Justice will implement the same procedures.
You can find further information on the electronic filing procedures here.
Contact Steve Quinlivan for more information.