Federal Insurance Office Seeks Information on Reinsurance Industry
Section 502 the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act requires the Federal Insurance Office, or FIO, to provide a report not later than September 30, 2012, describing the breadth and scope of the global reinsurance market and the critical role such market plays in supporting insurance in the United States. To assist the FIO in completing this report, the FIO has issued a request for comment.
Commenters are invited to submit views on:
- · The purpose of reinsurance;
- · The breadth and scope of the global reinsurance market;
- · The role that the global reinsurance market plays in supporting insurance in the United States;
- · The effect of domestic and international regulation on reinsurance in the United States;
- · The role and impact of government reinsurance programs;
- · The coordination of reinsurance supervision nationally and internationally; and
- · Any other topics relevant to the report.
Check dodd-frank.com frequently for updated information on the JOBS Act, the Dodd-Frank Act and other important securities law matters.
Contact Steve Quinlivan for more information.